Certisavemail: Voicenet’s E-Mail Document Archiving & Retrieval System
What is Email Archiving?
It is the electronic storage of e-mail in a repository that is typically retained for years.
You may fall under regulations regarding email retention. If you are potentially under investigation, document and email retention becomes critical. Voicenet Certisavemail can help make sure that you are retaining the records that may be required.
|Americans with Disabilities Act||(HIPAA)||Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act|
|Toxic Substances Control Act||Medicare Conditions of Participation||FDA 21CFR Part 11|
|Fair Labor Standards Act||Sarbanes-Oxley Act||(OCC) Advisory|
|Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (FRCP)||Financial Modernization Act of 1999||FDIC and SEC regulations|
What exactly is Certisavemail?
Certisavemail is Voicenet’s email archiving and search/retrieval system. It is a web-based service which eliminates the need for clients to purchase specialized hardware or software to store email in their own offices.
Getting the email into the archives
The Certisavemail system can be set up to work over a VPN (Virtual Private Network). This means that the data that is transmitted between your in-house systems and our Certisavemail system is encrypted for a more secure system.
All email sent to or from your email server is also sent to the Certisavemail archiving system. Each e-mail and its attachments are saved in native format. And this happens automatically, without users having to forward email to the aarchives.
The service can automatically remove duplicate e-mails and attachments. For example, if one e-mail is received by all employees, only one copy of the email is stored in the searchable system so that many copies of the same email attachment do not fill up storage space.
The Certisavemail system preserves header information. Why is this important?
Retention of complete e-mail information in native format is important in any litigation. Header information may prove the authenticity of an e-mail (source, destination, server information) and may be confirmed by the ISP.
The search interface for the system allows simple searches, metadata searches and full text SQL searching. A copy of the email is broken into sections containing key information, such as sender, recipient, date/time, textual content, and references to attachments so that the entire data set is searchable.
Results of a search can be exported to several file formats such as message format and PDF.
|Fully managed Web–based solution – no special hardware or software needed.|
|Long term Data storage|
|VPN user access.|
|Interactive search screens|
Why Archive your Email?
If you do some research on the web, you’ll find that:
- Archiving e-mail on the corporate technology structure may stress company technology resources or cause additional resources to be procured. Outsourcing the archive system is economical
- 24% of organizations have employee e-mails subpoenaed
- Cost of not retaining/Cost of difficult retrieval for discovery searching can be very high
- When or if discovery is required, you can easily search for only relevant email for submission.
- Archiving/retrieval avoids many of the problems arising from an inability to access relevant communications - even old email between you and your customers describing projects and plans may help resolve a business issue.
- The Consequences of Failing to Archive may be tremendous
Certisavemail saves you time & money … and reduces the risk of non-compliance
The Certisavemail service is economical.
- If you have been archiving your own email you know the constant maintenance and constant need for more space to store the archived mail.
- If you have been using other services, you may not be able to search/retrieve archived email easily. Or you may be charged by bytes transferred.
- The Voicenet Certisavemail systemtakes care of all the “work” involved in archiving your email.
Call (or contact) us today and speak with us about what you need, and how Voicenet can help you implement it with the least trouble, and at the best price.